Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus

Ben and Milly are back to school and back on the bus! Benny, as most of you know, has been going to Saratoga Shores for speech therapy since last year. He loves the bus and this year Milly got to join him! Milly was scared the first time and cried as they drove away but when she got home she said "I cry on duh bus Mom, but I not cry anymore!". I have to admit that I was almost ready to cry myself when they left! Especially after seeing Milly sad I got in the car and went to the school and waited there to make sure they were both not crying. When I got there they had all the kids they pick up for preschool make a choo-choo train and march into their class and they were just fine. Anyway, it's been a couple weeks now and they look forward to school days, riding the bus and bringing home their "papers" to show me! I love them telling me about their day at school, what they did and songs they sang. Just yesterday, the bus driver told me that Milly was singing for them on the way to school--I laughed, because Milly will do that all the time, just like Sammy.

Sammy is really enjoying 1st grade at Lakeview Academy and has Mrs. Clark as her teacher. Her reading is improving at lighting speed while her ability to hear me has diminished. She loves art, library and spanish days and bringing home her books from school. I'm very proud of her because she listens to her teacher, always does her work and is a good friend and student. She's gotten the hang of all day school and especially likes having lunch there along with 3 recesses.(who wouldn't love that?!) I just can't believe all my kids are in school--beyond bizarre! This picture of Ben is so funny to me--we got his entire Knight getup for $3! He wore it for 3 days straight. Milly wore her wings along with Sammy.

4 comments:

flynn family said...

I can't believe Milly is riding a school bus! Isn't she 2 years old???

Smithies said...

No Kim she's 3 duh!:)

Schofield's said...

Milly makes me laugh! I especially love the pic of her with the goggles.

Alison said...

Jack was terrified that he might have to ride the bus on his first day of Kindie last year. It probably helps that they have each other. Hee-hee! I'm super impressed about your yard of the month thing. LUCKY!